17 de fev. de 2010

Barata de Ouro



stills do vídeo "inversão de valores", 2004



baratinha folheada


baratinha de ouro
guache sobre papel paraná e papel colorido
12x8cm
2008


nota carimbada; dinheiro repugnante

One of my first works which I consider an art object in its integrity is the Golden Cockroach (Barata de Ouro). I used to search for roaches on the darkest streets of Lapa, and painted them gold using golden enamel, and I had the attention not to paint the wings nor the stomach so as not to kill the cockroach. "I am not doing harm for the roaches, I'm just making them shine as stars", as I said in the video "Inversão de Valores", in which I show how the roaches are painted and how they shine beautiful.
After painting them, I sold them for R$1,00. Some artists, such as Marcia X, Edson Barrus and Aimberê Cesar. They took the piece home and fed, taking care so it would not die very soon. One french photographer bought one of them and took to France, later she laid the little plastic transparent box containing the golden roach at Pérre Lachase cemetery, close to Jim Morrison's grave.
The second part of this work was when I made a rubber stamp and printed black cockroaches on the surface of Real bills, and put it back on the streets buying stuff with them. The intention was that the bills were not accepted, as the person who was receiving the bill doubted about the value of it.


emails from people who had received the painted cockroach by sedex, and the instructions from email.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário